Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Interest probe: who would want a Tantra article?

Interest probe: who would want a Tantra article? 4 years 8 months ago #838

• Arya-Kalarathri
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi everyone,

Being I just got out of a Religious Studies program, I have a little bit of information on Tantra from an academic viewpoint as well as the practitioner database at my disposal. Tantra happens to be a fascinating topic for me, and one dear to my heart. And I think it would be a good contribution to the community if done the right way.

So I want to ask: who would be interested in a general article on Tantra? I want to focus less on the popularized elements of it (e.g., "sexual elements" that became popular in the West), but at the same time also trying to respect how it has been interpreted differently by different circles. With this sort of article I'll likely be asking for some of the administration to be my unofficial 'peer review' community just to make sure it serves the interests of the website and community, before turning in a final product. Either way, I think it could be insightful for those interested in the spiritual aspects and basic ideas of it. All the while, it can also try to help people better understand how pluralistic, diverse, and complex it really is as a methodology.

This will likely be something I'd do in the next few months once I have gotten some space from my previous thesis writing. I would like to ask for people's input and see if this would be helpful for the site, first. :-)

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
Arya
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.358 seconds