Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Highgate Vampire - England

The Highgate Vampire - England 5 years 2 months ago #148

• Raevyn
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 16
Article Posted

Many popular books on ghosts, like the book called "The Highgate Vampire", mention a vampire which purportedly haunted Highgate Cemetery in the early 1970s. The growth of its reputation, which can be traced through contemporary media reports and subsequent books by two participants, Seán Manchester and David Farrant, is an example of modern legend-building...

Continued on Myths Legends & Lore| Vampire Legend & Folklore | The Highgate Vampire - England

Please feel free to discuss or comment on this article here.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Highgate Vampire - England 5 years 2 months ago #217

• Lasciel
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
This is one of the earliest books I added to my collection of folklore on the vampire. I got it as a Christmas present because it was such a difficult book to find. I found the telling of the story to be quite fascinating, though it is difficult to determine where the truth ends and embellishment takes hold.

The priest that wrote it, clearly had an agenda. The photos that "prove" out the story are questionable at best. Yet, there is a lot of between the line, old school vampire folklore that is valuable for the collector of such.

Always,
Lasciel

The Highgate Vampire - England 4 years 6 months ago #854

• Marks
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
May 1970.

The Highgate Vampire - England 4 years 6 months ago #855

• Marks
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Highgate Cemetery - England:
The entrance to the Egyptian Avenue, West Cemetery, becomes a global one in dreams. While the entrance is being approached, the overwhelming sense of moving in the wrong side of town,... any town..., is there.
May 1970.
Time to create page: 0.420 seconds